Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Travel Bucket List

I've had this goal to travel since I was a little kid. My mom and sisters are big home body people (nothing wrong with that it's just not me) and my dad says he did all his traveling when he went into the military after high school so now unless it's Hawaii or Montana he's done traveling (unless it involves his grandkids and we do a little begging).

So I have this travel bucket list. Sometimes I get frustrated that I haven't covered more of it by now, but hopefully I have plenty of time and get to enjoy my retirement like my grandparents (who I must get my travel gene from) traveling not just the country but hopefully internationally by then too.

My travel bucket lists are broken down into states and cities, national parks and beaches, and places out of the country. I don't have the states listed as almost every state I have left to visit either has a city or National Park I wish to see. I think the only states I've visited not listed with a city or park here would be Kansas, Iowa, and Nebraska. States I would like to visit but don't have listed with a city or NP or beach are the Wisconsin Dells, Oregon, and Minnesota (city or NP there you would recommend me putting on my list?). For the National Parks and beaches I am hoping to hit them with our kids before they leave the nest. There are a few cities on the list I'd like to visit without my kids, but I would love my kids to have seen/visited the 48 inland states before they leave the nest. Even though my oldest tells us she wants us to take her to Hawaii, sorry, kid, that and the Alaskan Cruise is probably a mommy and daddy only trip!

Cities Visited (need to revisit some to hit missed tourist/historical sites)

Kansas City, MO
St. Louis,MO
Chicago, IL
Nashville, TN
Chattanooga, TN
Pittsburgh, PA
Philadelphia, PA
Washington DC
Buffalo, NY
Charleston, SC
San Francisco, CA
Los Angeles, CA
New York City, NY
Richmond, VA
Atlanta, GA
Indianapolis, IN
Cleveland, OH
Cincinnati, OH
Orlando, FL
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Tampa, FL



Cities to Visit
Savannah- June 2016?
Boston- June 2017?
San Diego
New Orleans
Denver
Salt Lake City
Phoenix
Tuscan
Reno/Lake Tahoe
Las Vegas
Sante Fe
Seattle
Maui
Houston
Miami (and Florida Keys)

Beaches

Dewey (Delaware)
Atlantic City (New Jersey)
Long Beach Island (New Jersey)
Myrtle Beach (SC)
Outer Banks (NC)
Virginia Beach (VA)
Ocean City (MD)
St. Augustine, Daytona (Florida)
Gulf Shores (Alabama)
Monterey (California)

Beaches to visit
Hilton Head (SC)- June 2016?
Cape May ( NJ)
Martha's Vineyard (MA)- June 2017?
Bar Harbor (ME)
Michigan (Isle Royale?)- July 2018
South Padre Island (TX)
Key West (Fl)
West Coast (suggestions)

National Parks/Areas

Great Smokey Mountains (TN)
Shenandoah (VA)
Assateague National Seashore (MD)
Allegheny National Forest (PA)
Yosemite (CA)
Great Sequoia (CA)
Redwoods (CA)
Badlands (SD)
Everglades (FL)


National Park/Areas to Visit

White Mountain National Forest (NH)- June 2017?
Acadia (ME)
Arches, Bryce Cannon, and Zion (Utah)
Grand Canyon (AZ)
Denali (Alaska)
Glacier (MT)
Yellowstone (WY)
Grand Teton (WY)
Isle Royale (MI)- July 2018?
Rocky Mountain (CO)
Mount Rainier (WA)
Cascades  (WA)

Out of the Country Visits

Riveria Maya, Mexico
Nassau, Bahamas

Out of the Country Wish List

Belize
Australia
Italy/Greece
Paris
London

Share with my exciting places I'm missing off my list so I can add it.





No comments:

Post a Comment