Saturday, April 2, 2016

Waiting for the Moment

One minute it seems like it's been such a long road to the moment when you and I will finally meet. Then in other moments I can't believe in three short weeks or less we will finally meet. I look at your sisters lately and can't help but wonder what you will be like. In what ways will you be like them? In what ways will you be different than them. If there's anything I've learned from them it's that you will completely be your own person, different from them in small ways and in big ways. I've also learned from them that I'll love you for you.

Lately whether it's when we're all in the car on one of our trips or in the evenings when we're all sitting around the dinner table I wonder what our life will be like when we add you in the middle of the laughter and moments.

I don't know what the future holds for us or what challenges await us when you get here but we will figure it out. Sometimes I'm scared and worried and sometimes I'm confident and self assured it's all going to be okay. But I am so ready to meet you, baby boy. I've been waiting a long time. It's been a bit of a tough road to get this point, and even though we don't know for sure what we face when you do finally get here we're ready to do what we need to do to get you the best care possible and move forward into this new life that will now include you in it.

I don't know if it's the dream I had of you, that you're my last baby and a boy, or that I just get the opportunity to bond with you sooner because I can feel you moving around on a daily basis but I feel that I already know you and can't wait for the others to finally meet you too. Even with the medical challenges ahead and having to deal with two big sisters at home I get the sense that you're a bit of a feisty one yourself and will hold your own quite well. But I sense a bit of your oldest sister and dad in you too, which in having to deal with two probably older bossy sisters it will be a good thing if you're a little more go with the flow and don't let things bother you as easily. I guarantee you in the beginning they'll be all about doing everything and anything for you. They are so excited to be big sisters to a little brother.

We are so excited for you, little boy, and can't wait to welcome you into our world and our life. With the end of this week we're ready and we're now just waiting on you to say when!



                                            Big sisters excitedly awaiting your arrival!



2 comments:

  1. Aw, he will be so loved! What a beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it such a weird time warp at the end? I'm at about the same point you are in my pregnancy, and sometimes it seems like I should be freaking out because the baby will be here practically right this minute, and other times it seems like there are ages to go (particularly in the middle of the night when s/he is repeatedly headbutting my bladder...)

    ReplyDelete