Tuesday, April 16, 2013

I don't want to live in fear

I don't want to live in fear. But ever since I became a mother I feel that I live in a new state of fear. I wrote about this once here and my fellow mommy blogger wrote a great post here on this state of fear that I imagine all of us mothers can understand.

I even dread the day my children realize the cruelty of the world when their innocence will be stripped away and they see that humanity has a dark side. That some people out there want to destroy rather than mend. But I also pray that they always remember to see the light, the goodness in people. I truly believe there is way more good than bad in our world. And even though the bad seems to be knocking us down over and over again lately with 9/11, war, shootings like Colorado and Newtown, and now the Boston marathon bombing, I believe good will prevail.

My thoughts and prayers go out the Boston victims and their families. And to anyone else that has had to suffer at the hands of evil. Because unfortunately, there are many more violent incidents that we never hear about that occur in our world everyday and when acts of violence or terrorism like this happen, their suffering is not brief and will impact them forever. I pray every day for a safer, more peaceful world for our children.

No comments:

Post a Comment