Thursday, May 23, 2013

Thankful simple pleasure Thursday


As I walked around the house last night and watched the girls together, it never ceases to amaze me the simple pleasure I get from just watching them play and interact with one another. When they are not fighting, they really do enjoy each other. And I love that we are somewhere they can grow up. I was really worried at times that we would still be stuck in the city when Averi started school. Now they get to experience small town living; we went to our first hometown festival last weekend, which they loved. And the open spaces of being more in the country are awesome. I thought I would miss the city and we went back down there a few weekends ago. Nope, I don't miss it at all. I love the quiet. I love watching the girls running all over the yard, playing in the dirt, climbing tress, planting flowers and a garden. I love giving them their own full playroom that is completely theirs; that I can just close a door to the mess to. I love this house and I love seeing the girls loving it.

This year has been crazy. The journey to get here into our new house has been stressful to say the least. But it has been so worth it (maybe not for all of you that have had to listen to me complain about how overwhelmed and stressed we are) but with the approachment of summer vacation just three weeks away and the unofficial kickoff to the summer with Memorial Weekend this weekend, it's almost over. It's vacation time, time to play with our girls, see our families, hang out with our friends, recoup, and get ready to start next school year refreshed and reenergenized. After last school year with the adjustment to our wonderful new baby girl Kenzi and this year with the move, I'm ready for a year of normalcy next school year. I'm ready to feel settled, balanced, calm, and back to being just working momma and not overworked momma.

So my thankful simple pleasure this week is just my life even with all the craziness.  Our life as the four of us here in our home we plan to spend many years in making countless memories and stories.  And I can't wait to just relax and enjoy some much needed time with my husband and girls this summer. Life is not perfect but sometimes it has perfect moments like Averi pushing her sister on the swing, singing her to sleep at bedtime, or Kenzi hugging her sister and clinging to her hand in little sister wonder.
                                                           
                                          Can't wait to love on these little faces all summer
 

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! Sisterly love. I hope my girls experience it often.

    Enjoy your first summer in your new home!

    ReplyDelete